Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Review: Aussie Moist Shampoo and Conditioner

Aussie Moist Shampoo and Conditioner, $3 at drugstores

Some background on my hair: I have fine hair that will fall flat if you look at it funny. In addition, I have 2 cowlicks along my forehead and the hair in that area tries to wave a little and gets frizzy if I don't coax it into behaving on a daily basis. I try to put at least 1 day between washes but my scalp will get greasy if I wait any longer. I use a hair dryer and flat iron almost every time I shampoo.

My hope for this was that it would moisturize my hair and help protect my ends from the damage of heat styling without weighing down my fine hair.

This shampoo is so so moisturizing. It's very thick and has definitely improved the texture of my hair. The scent is awesome too! It's kind of tropical. I'm a wash once kind of girl so I usually leave this in for a couple minutes to let it do it's thing with my hair. My hair looks so shiny when I use this. One major downside is that I feel this can leave a lot of build up over time, which can weigh down my hair and make it look greasier between washings.

The conditioner is the most moisturizing condtioner I've ever used. But it weighs down my hair so much I almost never use it as a daily conditioner. I use this as a deep conditioner when my hair really needs the extra moisture.

I probably won't repurchase this after my no buy simply because I feel like I have used better shampoos and conditioners before. It's just a little too heavy for my hair. It's a great shampoo and the conditioner makes a nice weekly treament but it's nothing that amazing.

Pregnancy Update: 33 weeks and 3 days. It's just been getting harder and harder to motivate myself to want to leave the house any more. I'm getting more and more uncomfortable. I think I may end up spending most of October in bed, because simply moving any more brings me pain. I'm hopeful that if I keep trying to take care of myself I'll just feel better.

Favorite shampoos? I'll definitely be wanting to try some different ones after my no buy is over!

Love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment