Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Mail Haul: Birchbox and Ulta

Today both my Ulta box and my Birchbox came in the mail! I was super excited about it because I had been wanting to get a Naked palette for some time. When I went to the Ulta opening on Friday they were "all sold out". I'm very curious how you sell out before you open because I was the second person in line. But whatever, I came home and order it on their website. So there. I'm sure everyone and their mother has seen this palette and the swatches but here's a picture just in case you've been living under a rock.


It's so pretty! I can't wait to try it out! I was nervous I wouldn't know which colors to pair together but it seems pretty foolproof. They all go well together! I don't know if I'll keep the mini primer potion. I've got a big one and I've been thinking I might let my sister try the mini one.
Obviously it was packed better but I was so eager to open it up and see what was inside!

Redken Shine Flash 02
philosophy Purity Made Simple One-Step Facial Cleanser
Korres Japanese Rose Showergel
Pur Minerals 4-in-1 Pressed Mineral Makeup in Light
Pur Minerals Chisel Brush
Kind Almond and Apricot Bar
After I took this pic, I ripped into that Kind bar. It was so delicious! I'd love to get some more but the website only sells them in cases and I don't know if I want that many right now. I love Redken so I'm kind of excited about the Shine Flash! Their styling products are always nice, I've never regretted buying one. The Pur Minerals brush is very small and kind of scratchy so I probably won't use it. Other than that, I'm thinking I'll put the philosophy cleanser and Korres soap in my shower and try them out but I doubt I'll buy the full sizes because they seem expensive and I already have a HG face cleanser. Oh and just in case anyone's on the fence about trying Birchbox, here's a little math for you:
I had been on the fence for a while but I'm happy to at least try everything I got in my box and it was a fun treat for how little I paid for it.
Pregnancy Update: 26 weeks, 2 days. I went to the doctors' office today and they are very impressed with how controlled my weight gain has been. I had a little extra weight prepregnancy and I actually managed to lose some first trimester. So we are in the home stretch and they don't expect me to gain more than 10 pounds in the next 14 weeks. October still feels like a lifetime away.
I'd love to hear what you got in your Birchbox if you got one this month, as well as favorite combos and looks from the Naked Palette! Leave me a comment!
Love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment