Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

ELF Haul-August 2011

I ordered this stuff last week (August 16) when they were having a FB friends sale. I'm honestly a little surprised that sale was so small. They made such a big deal about how great it would be but honestly, I could have saved as much any other day. Anyways, I scaled back my order and got some things I've been itching to try for some time!

I ordered the Studio 11pc Brush Set, Studio Eyebrow Kit, a Studio Cream Blush, a Studio Powder Blush, some Essentials brushes and a couple more Studio brushes that weren't included in the kit.

L to R: Complexion Brush, Fan Brush, Concealer Brush, Small Smudge Brush, Angled Foundation Brush, Powder Brush, Small Precision Brush, Small Angled Brush, Blush Brush, Eyeshadow "C" Brush, Contour Brush
The Studio 11 pc Brush Kit: I do own a Sigma kit which I love dearly. But I wanted to test some new eye brushes before I splurged on more Sigmas. So I thought a good way to do that would be with the studio kit. The case is GREAT! I love my Sigma brush roll but this is waaaaay more convenient.

Angled Contour Brush and Stipple Brush: More brushes to compare to Sigma. The Angled Contour brush is surprisingly flat on top. The Stipple is not nearly as dense as my Sigma duo fiber brush. I will have to try both before I make any judgements on them

L to R: Defining Eye Brush, Eyelash and Brow Wand, Blending Eye Brush, Brow Comb and Brush, Eyeliner Brush, Eye Crease Brush, Smudge Brush
Essentials Eye Brushes: I do enjoy the eye brushes I have from the Essentials line so I figured I would try them all. They were only $1 each after all. The smudge brush would not stop rolling around for the picture so yeah, that the side view. It looks like a shorter version of the basic eyeshadow brush. Really excited to try these!

Eyebrow Kit in Medium: I've been trying to be better about good brow grooming. But my brows are kind of sparse so I do feel the need to fill them in. My brows are dark and my hair is light so I've been struggling to find a good color to fill them in that looks natural. Hopefully this will do the trick.


Studio Blush in Tickled Pink: I'm sorry to say it but the swatch of this was exactly what I was hoping Candid Coral would be, only slightly more pink. In general I love any of the blushes from ELF so I'm hopeful for this.


Studio Cream Blush in Tease: This is definitely more of a mousse texture than a cream but that's ok! It's a little bit darker than the picture but it goes on pretty sheer. Definitely something you could build up the color on if you wanted too! I'm excited to try the stipple brush with this!

So that was my last order for a while. I'm still working on a project pan and really should try to stay on that. But no promises. This isn't a makeup project pan after all.

Pregnancy Update: 31 weeks, 2 days. Well after a few days of feeling REALLY bad, I'm starting to feel relatively normal again. And I'm not going to complain about normal pregnancy issues again. I'd rather have a lot of kicking than none at all. And I'd certainly prefer no more major heartburn. Hopefully I'll feel this comfortable for a while. Because I know it could be a lot worse!

If you want to see any indepth reviews or some swatch pictures, just leave me a comment!
Love, Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment